About Daphne Scarbrough
I am a lifelong Houstonian who loves our city and wants to see it continue to grow in a good way. I started my metal fabricating business, The Brass Maiden, in 1982 and moved it into the district in 1983. I have worked on commercial and residential construction sites for 37 years, thus I am experienced with contracts, the quality of craftsmanship, and first-hand knowledge of construction components.
I have attended thousands of hours of hearings and seminars on transportation, urban planning, architecture, and historic preservation.
I am also a veteran speaker, advocating for businesses, jobs, and fair taxation, at:
- The House Committee hearings in the State Legislature;
- The Senate Committee hearings in the State Legislature; advocating for businesses, jobs, and fair taxation
- The Houston City Council,
- The Harris County Commissioners Court,
- The Houston-Galveston Area Council,
- The Transportation Policy Council,
- Federal hearings on transportation.
- Bellaire City Council
- Many Political and Civic clubs
As a former vice president of Urban Harvest, I am a longtime advocate of organic gardens and green space.
And, yes, I do wear boots every day.